Tuesday, September 23, 2008

self portraits







For our Self-Portrait project we were to take three self-portraits. They were all to be in black and white, and they were all to capture a mood of some sort. We were also challenged to be as artistic as possible, and stay as far away from normal, cliche portraits that we see on personal pages etc. as possible.One had to use the rule of thirds as the base for the composition; One had to incorporate leading lines, and one had to be taken from a more extreme angle.

The process of taking these photos was first to have an idea. The second is try the idea. Third discern whether it was good or bad. Then try to improve it as much as possible. The most difficult part of the process for me was figuring out ideas. So what I did was walk around the campus and have my partner take random take pictures of me. The ones that ended up looking interesting I would go back and retake the picture in a more creative way. I think that my extreme angles was the most successful out of all of them. Why? because everything hit, I had an extreme angle, it was on the rule of thirds, and I also had leading lines it it . The could have improved on my facial expressions. Over all I think I did a fair job.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

So far, a very excellent portfolio. Keep up the great work!